Welcome to the UMD Department of Human Resources & Equal Opportunity
University of Minnesota Duluth
The UMD Department of Human Resources & Equal Opportunity is available to all UMD employees, students, and participants in University-related activities to discuss issues or concerns regarding University policies or practices involving potential bias, discrimination, harassment or retaliation that an individual may have experienced or observed.
The UMD Department of Human Resources & Equal Opportunity can assist with:
- Training for your department or organization that focuses on prevention
- Consultation regarding issues of possible bias, discrimination, harassment or retaliation
- Filing a formal or informal complaint
- Education concerning equal opportunity, diversity issues, disability access policies, and religious accommodations
- Resolving conflicts related to possible bias, discrimination and harassment
- Consultations with supervisors, administrators, human resource professionals and others about situations that might involve bias,
discrimination, harassment or retaliation.The University is its people. We want you to feel comfortable reporting what you see or experience. Fostering a climate of safety and respect is a critical campus priority. We can only achieve our best in a campus environment that is safe, civil, and inclusive.
The prevention and resolution of bias, discrimination and harassment complaints is a Campus-wide obligation, and requires the participation of all members of the UMD community.