More at UMD
Academic English Language Program
UMD's Academic English Language Program (AELP) helps international students improve English reading, writing, and speaking skills for success in a university classroom or in the workplace. All of the courses are at the advanced level and are offered for college credit.
• Academic focus
• Small class size
• Advising and support services geared to international students
• Students enroll in UMD courses
• Academic English Language Program – Credit classes for students enrolled in undergraduate and graduate degree programs who are seeking to improve their English language skills while taking other academic course work.
• Learning Community for Multi-Lingual Students – a first-semester learning community for multi-lingual resident students. Work on academic reading and writing through integrated content.
• Tutoring – Tutoring is available for anyone at UMD wishing to work on English Language concerns, particularly editing, writing, or oral communication. Tutoring is available in the Writers' Workshop in the Learning Commons (Martin Library, 2nd floor). Register for an appointment online or walk-in and talk to someone at the front desk.
Robin Murie (Program Coordinator)
Anna Gavrilova (Instructor)
Peihong Cao (Instructor)