Creative Design and the GEICO Campaign
Art and Design Lecture Series
John Adams Jr., CEO of the advertising firm, The Martin Agency in Richmond, Virginia, will give a talk entitled “Creative Design and the GEICO Campaign,” at 2 p.m. on Thursday, September 22 in the Tweed Museum of Art.
John Adams Jr., is CEO of Richmond-based advertising firm The Martin Agency,
a position he has held for the last ten years. Adams, a native of Charleston, WV, got his start in the advertising business not long after graduating from Hampden-Sydney College in 1971. Under Adams's leadership, The Martin Agency has enjoyed great success, becoming the first agency to be named "Agency of the Year" five times by Adweek Magazine. The agency has created advertising campaigns for such companies as Mercedes-Benz, Quiznos Sub, Saab, Spike TV, Miller, Olympus, Delta faucets, Ping, and NASCAR. The Martin Agency created the Geico Insurance gecko and the "brown" theme of UPS.
Just a few of The Martin Agency’s recent accomplishments:
- The GEICO “Speed Racer” ad was named one of Adweek’s best spots
- The Olympus Super Bowl ad spot ranked #13 out of 55
- The Martin Agency’s AOL campaign was featured in the New York Times
- Brandweek named Olympus “client marketer of the next generation”
- Martin’s two-minute NASCAR tribute was featured in the New York Times
- BtoB magazine named UPS as one of the most successful integrated advertising campaigns of 2003
- UPS “Weatherman” ad named one of Adweek’s best spots
- The Martin Agency was top rated in the U.S. at the XXV Caples International Awards
Did you find what you were looking for? YES NO