Thirty years of Outdoor Program memories.
UMD’s Outdoor Program is turning 30 this year, and you are invited to celebrate. Saturday, July 17 is the main event, but festivities run July 16-18 if you want to come for the entire weekend. Reconnect with old friends, tour the new Bagley Classroom at Bagley Nature Center, enjoy lots of recreational activities, and have fun. Best of all, activities for Friday and Saturday are only $10 per adult (17 yrs and under are free).
Friday, July 16, check into your accommodations or set-up your tent at the exclusive "tent city" adjacent to Bagley Nature Area at UMD. At 5:30 pm, relax at an open barbeque at the new Bagley Classroom at Bagley Nature Center. Bring your own food and utensils – heated grills and beverages will be provided. Enjoy a casual gathering around a campfire. Canoes will be available for those who wish to paddle on Rock Pond.
Saturday, July 17, from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, take part in optional activities on-campus or around Duluth. There will be rock climbing on the indoor wall at the UMD Rec Sports Center, tours of the campus, hiking at Bagley Nature Center, sea kayaking and stand-up-paddle boarding at the end of Park Point on Lake Superior, and more. At 4:00 pm, enjoy a social gathering on campus (free childcare available from 4:00 pm to 8:30 pm that evening). At 6:00 pm, a dinner will be held, followed by a program and recognition events from 7:00 pm until 8:30 pm.
Sunday, July 18, from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, activities in and around Duluth continue with canoeing and kayaking on the St. Louis River at the Outdoor Program Outpost on the St. Louis River/Thomson Reservoir, rock climbing at Silver Cliff on the North Shore, hiking the Superior Hiking Trail through Duluth, Park Point forest hike. (There may be a modest fee for some of these activities.) Or carve out your own adventures with old friends.
To register for the events and activities, email email@example.com. Put REGISTER in the subject and provide the names of everyone in your family who will participate. Be sure to include contact information including mailing address and phone number. Once you register, they will send you more information.
Or you can call 218-726-7128 and ask the registration staff to sign you up for the Outdoor Program Reunion.
• Residence Hall - $39.00 per night, 2 single beds
• Apartments: $94.00 per night. Apartments have 2 bedrooms, each with 2 beds & washroom, plus kitchen with stove, refrigerator, eating area, and living room.
• UMD Housing requests should be made at least one month in advance. Go to www.d.umn.edu/housing, click on the link on the left for the form to fill out and submit by FAX (this is a secure site). Please note there is a UMD Resident Advisor reunion is on the same weekend.
• Display your camping prowess and set up your tent at the exclusive camping site adjacent to Bagley Nature Center. Porta potties are provided but no running water.
• Camping gear (tents, sleeping bags, pads) are available for a 50% discount from the Recreational Sports Outdoor Program Rental Center in the Sports and Health Center – reserve gear by calling 218-726-6134.
Local Hotels and Motels
• The Holiday Inn Duluth is providing a special rate for a small block of rooms. The rate of $129 per night is for a single, double, triple, or a quad. To make reservations, call 218-722-1202 and ask for the UMD Outdoor Recreation rate. Or, click Holiday Inn to book a room at the special UMD Outdoor Recreation rate.
NOTE: the cut-off date for this rate is June 16, 2010
On the Web:
Become a friend of UMD OutdoorProgram on Facebook.
For more information, visit the Outdoor Program 30th Anniversary Reunion webpage at www.umdrsop.org/(RSOP%20Web)/Information/Reunion.html.
Written by Kathleen McQuillan-Hofmann, firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you find what you were looking for? YES NO