Study Abroad in San Juan, Puerto Rico!
When it comes to study abroad experiences, it seems like there are so many options and so many programs! If you're already thinking about studying somewhere in the Caribbean, the study abroad opportunity listed below might be a good fit. Spanish Studies Abroad is pleased to offer study abroad programming to San Juan, Puerto Rico, and they are now accepting applications for Fall 2013.
Fall 2013 in San Juan
Dates: August 17-December 14
Application Deadline: May 15, 2013
Students will be enrolled in the Universidad del Sagrado Corazón(USC). Student life, coursework and local activities will quickly encourage students to become fully immersed in the language and culture of Puerto Rico and it's heritage. Semester and Summer program options are available.
The Spanish Studies Abroad program in Puerto Rico:
U.S.–compatible curriculum and a wide variety of courses available.
- Courses in a variety of disciplines at our partner university Universidad del Sagrado Corazón
- Cultural Realities courses
- Resident Director & support staff
- Double room in single-sex dorms on campus
- Speaking partners
- Excursions include: El Yunque (Tropical Rain Forest), Old San Juan, The City of Ponce, Bioluminescent Bay of Fajardo and the Arecibo Observatory
- Speaking Partner exchanges with local students
- Modern university facilities with full access, including clubs, organization, and events
For more information on our Puerto Rico programming, please visit at www.spanishstudies.org/puertorico.
Please note that this is not a UMD-sponsored program. Remember, for all non-UMD-sponsored study abroad experiences, you need to check beforehand that your classes will transfer back to UMD for credit toward your major/minor. See your advisor or the UMD International Education Office for more details.