You are here
The design for the new Heikkila Chemistry and Advanced Materials Science building. This new building is under construction and will be complete in January 2019.
Department Contact Information:
- To report a fire-life-critical safety emergency at any time, please call 911.
- To report a building-related issue or to speak with an FM staff member between the hours of 7:30 am and 4:00 pm, please call 726-8262.
- To reach an FM staff member between the hours of 4:00 pm and midnight, please call 726-8147.
- To report a building-related emergency between midnight and 7:30 am, please dial 911. Be prepared to give emergency details to the 911 dispatcher, who will in turn contact Campus Police.
- For building-related emergencies on holidays or weekends (between midnight on Friday and 7:30 am on Monday), call 726-7007 to speak to an on-call FM staff member.
Quality Campus, Quality Service
Diverse. Sustainable. Innovative.
UMD’s present campus consists of more than 60 buildings totaling 3.4 million square feet on 244 acres overlooking Lake Superior. All the structures have been built since 1948. Other UMD facilities include research areas on approximately 280 acres, Glensheen Mansion on 7.6 acres, Research Laboratory Building, the Limnological Research Center and Natural Resources Research Institute