- NEW GIS TA hours: - MWF in H458 from 12:15-2:00 - TTh in HH108 from 10:00-12:00
- Open GIS Lab hours: - MWF in H458 from 12:15-4:15 - T in HH108 from 8:00-12:00 - Th in HH108 from 10:00-2:00
- New GIS Lab coming soon...
- 2013 Newsletter
- Departmental name has been changed to Geography, Urban, Environment and Sustainability Studies.
- A new GIS major was established last fall and is the only undergraduate GIS program in the state of Minnesota. (Link to GIS Major, Minor, Certificate)
- The department has about 170 students enrolled in its four majors (Geography, Environment and Sustainability, Urban and Regional Studies, GIS). The number of majors has increased 18% in the past year.
- The department has signed an articulation agreement with Itasca Community College in Geography and GIS program.
- Awards: Dr. Adam Pine, together with John Bennett (an alumnus of the department), received the Minnesota Association of Community and Leadership Education Professional Award for Excellence in research; Dr. Mike Mageau received the Staff/Faculty Sustainability Inspiration Award; Dr. Randel Hanson was awarded a resident fellow position within the Institute on the Environment (IonE) at the University of Minnesota.
2013 Scholarship Winners
Catherine E. Cox Scholarship in Geography: Arne Kallas
Fredrick and Lois Witzig Geography Scholarship: Joshua Sandstrom + Forrest Steinhoff
Matti Kaups Geography Scholarship: Shane Bernard