Matti Kaups Scholarship Award
To be considered for the Matti Kaups Geography Scholarship, typically a UMD student must:
- be entering his/her concluding year of undergraduate study at UMD;
- be a fulltime student in good academic standing;
- be majoring in Geography;
- maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher
Preference will be for students who hope to pursue graduate level studies once they achieve their undergraduate degree.
Process for Nominating/Selecting a Recipient(s) of the Matti Kaups Scholarship Award:
- Scholastic achievement based on GPA is primary selection criteria;
- GPAs for geography majors entering their senior year are compared;
- Consideration is given to students who have completed a greater number of geography courses and have a higher GPA in geography;
- Faculty may nominate geography majors who they believe have achieved outstanding scholastic success;
The award recipient by the first week in April each year.