Department of Geological Sciences
229 Heller Hall (map)
1114 Kirby Drive
University of Minnesota Duluth
Duluth, MN 55812
phone: (218) 726-8385
fax: (218) 726-8275
1) When did you begin at UMD?
2) When did you declare an Environmental Sciences Major?
3) Was the advising in the Environmental Science program helpful? Please explain.
4) How would you change the requirements for the Environmental Science program?
5) What do you see as the program's greatest strengths?
6) What do you see as the program's greatest weaknesses?
7) Were there any topics that should have been covered in the program and were not?
8) Were there any topics that you thought should not have been covered in the program that were?
9) What course did you really enjoy and why?
10) What course did you find difficult and why?
11) What course did you find not helpful to your program and why?
12) What are your thoughts about the group work you did in the program?
13) Environmental Science 4102 is our capstone course and is supposed to help you bring all that you have learned in the program together through carrying out a senior project. Do you think the course fulfilled its objective?
14) Do you feel prepared for a career in environmental science (career or graduate school)?
15) Did you do an internship? If yes, any comments about this experience?
16) What are your plans after graduation?
17) Do you have any other comments about the Environmental Science program here at UMD?
18) The Environmental Science program faculty would like to follow up this survey with a one-on-one meeting. Would you be willing to meet to help us further understand your opinions and how we can make the program better? If yes, please provide your name and email.