How can I determine if previous coursework will transfer into my degree program?

Master's degree students are required by the Graduate School to complete at least 60 percent of the coursework for their official degree programs (excluding thesis credits) as registered University of Minnesota Graduate School students; individual major fields may require a higher percentage. With approval of the adviser, director of graduate studies in the major (and director of graduate studies in the minor, if the courses are for a designated minor), and the Graduate School, transfer coursework may make up the remaining 40 percent (maximum) of the degree coursework.

Return to all FAQs.