University of Minnesota Duluth
myUMD | Search | People | Departments | Events | News

 University Honors

University Honors Study Abroad Scholarship


How much is the UH Study Abroad Scholarship? The scholarship is $6000 released upon enrollment in a UMD-approved semester or yearlong study abroad program. If you are unable to participate in a semester or yearlong program, you can take advantage of our $2000 award for a UMD-approved short-term study abroad course (e.g., May, summer, or winter break abroad courses). This scholarship applies to one study abroad experience only. For example, should you choose the short-term study abroad option you will be awarded $2000 and cannot subsequently receive additional money to support a second study abroad experience.  

Who is eligible? All active UH students* who have completed 30 credits and have maintained good standing in UH for the two most recent contiguous full semesters (i.e., Fall and Spring semesters). As such you cannot release the scholarship your first year. 

For what programs can the scholarship be used? The scholarship may be used for any program approved by the UMD International Education Office.


*except for students currently receiving the UH book scholarship

Posing at Walker
© 2014 University of Minnesota Duluth
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
Last modified on 04/02/14 08:20 AM
University of Minnesota Campuses
Crookston | Duluth | Morris
Rochester | Twin Cities | Other Locations