2013 - 2014
UMD Housing Parking Regulations
Housing Parking Office at Lake Superior Hall 103
Open 8:30am - 4:00pm; M - F
Phone Number: 218 - 726 - 8400
Residence Parking Decal Request Card
- Application available on-line at the end of this page.
- Falsification of information results in disciplinary action.
- Must have a valid Housing Contract to submit and retain permit.
Residence Parking Decals
- Only one vehicle per resident, and only one decal per resident.
- All vehicles must display decal from rear view mirror, starting the first day of class.
- Until you have a decal displayed, read the "Don’t Have a Parking Decal." section below.
- Non-transferable to another person. Vehicle registered in decal holder's family name.
- Enforced 24 hours, seven days a week.
- Handicapped Residential Parking - Housing permit required for all residential lots. Contact email@example.com
- Vehicle owners responsible to check on your vehicle at least every other day.
Parking Rates (Charged to your Housing Account)
|Before October 1
|October 1 - December 21
|December 22 – February 10
|After February 10
Note: After April 5, only weekly decals will be available from LSH 103.
|Before September 1
|September 1 - September 30
|October 1 - January 12
|January 13 – February 10
|After February 10
Decal request processed, then returned on same or next day - $10.00
Replacement decal charge: for lost, stolen or switching designated lot - $20.00
Don’t have a parking decal?
Guests (or residents who have not obtained a decal) park at the following locations:
- on the streets where posted as legal to park.
- at any parking meter on campus, without paying:
- Monday to Friday between 6:30pm and 8:00am the next day.
- Saturday and Sunday all day.
- in Maroon Lots:
- Free during the week from 6:30pm - midnight
- Free on weekends from Saturday 6:30am - Sunday 12:00 midnight. No overnight parking.
- Decals valid only in the parking lots as designated on the permit.
- Lot Q/U decal is good in Lots Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 and U.
- Lot J/L decal is good in Lots J2, J3, L1, L2 and L3.
- Lot T decal is good in Lots T1, T2, and T3.
- If all lots are full for your designation, call 8400, M-F, 8am - 4:30pm.
Call 911 for Campus Police, after hours and on weekends.
- Forget or misplaced your decal? A one-week temporary decal
is available until you get your original decal back.
Stop at LSH 103 M-F, 8:30am - 4pm, Sat-Sun 12noon - 5pm
Parking Ticket Rates in Residence Lots
- $12.00 - No Residence Parking Decal displayed in vehicle, or parking in an unauthorized location,
or any other parking violoation.
- $38.00 - Modified or copied Residence Parking Decal.
- $53.00 - Displaying stolen or unauthorized Residence Parking Decal.
- $31.00 - Parked in a Designated Reserve area & Gold Lot.
- Notice: Payments or Appeals are due within ten (10) calendar days of ticket issuance.
Cancellation of Housing Contract
- Decal becomes void the same day.
- Decal must be turned in when room keys returned.
- Decals used after cancellation date will be ticketed $53.00.
Weekly Decals (Sunday through Saturday) cost - $15.00
- When space permits (Weekly permits run Sunday through Saturday)
- Weekly Decals may not be available during the first week of each semester.
- Weekly Decals may be purchased the week or two prior to use.
Decal purchased at LSH 103 M-F, 8:30am - 4pm, Sat-Sun, 12noon - 5pm
Bring student ID and know your make, model and license plate #.
- Email notices will be sent out to the permit holder.
- Schedules will be posted at Residence Hall and Apartment mail boxes and office areas.
- Alternate parking locations will be listed on schedules.
- Tickets will be issued for vehicles not moved during plowing times and dates.
- No permits are required.
- Must park in designated motorcycle parking areas.