Housing contracts for current residents will be available beginning on Febuary 18 at the Housing Office.
New student housing application-contracts are available on-line for admitted students.
Stadium Apartments will close after Spring 2013.
UMD Housing Security is a team comprising of UMD students promoting a
safe living environment in the residence halls and campus apartments.
Housing security is on duty every day of the week from midnight to 8:00
a.m. the following morning and can be reached any time by dialing 7381
in the residence halls, and 1234 for the apartments.
Security Mission Statement
Emphasize prevention, communication, and cooperation when working with
residents, Resident Advisors, and Campus Police. The main focus of Residence
Life Security is Prevention. We work in partnership with our residents
by recognizing safety over convenience, thus helping to protect the entire
living community. We accomplish this by keeping a strong line of communication
open with Resident Advisors and helping residents understand the ways
we work with them.
UMD Housing Security Safety Tips:
- Door Propping
Do not prop the outside doors open. It jeopardizes the security of the
building, and more importantly, the residents.
- First Floor Windows
Be sure to keep your own windows locked when you are not home or
when you are sleeping if you live on the first floor. Please close first
floor windows in study lounges when finished using them.
- Lock Outs
If you lock yourself out of your apartment you will need to get
an extra key from 189 LSH with deposit of your I.D. Office hours are
8:00 am until 6:00 pm, Monday-Friday. After hours, you can wait until
your roommate(s) returns, or contact your Resident Advisor. From Midnight
to 8:00 am, you may contact Security, who will wake one of your Resident
Advisors to unlock your door.
- Lock Ups
Outside Doors are locked at 10:00 pm and unlocked between 7-8:00 am
the following day. Be sure to carry your keys with you.
- UMD Safewalk
UMD Safewalk is a service provided through two student organizations
to accompany students on campus and to adjacent areas. Their hours are
8:00pm until 11:00pm Sunday through Thursday. They can be reached at
Other Safety Tips
- Keep your doors locked.
- Keep your curtains closed at night
- Let your roommates know when you're going to be gone.
- Note and record the serial numbers of all valuables in you residence.
- Do not keep large amounts of cash in your room/apartment.
- If you see anything suspicious call the RA's, Security, or Campus
- Use the peep hole to see who is at your door before opening it.
Safety tips for living in the Residence Halls:
- Lock your door at all times. Never leave it unlocked even if you will
only be down the hall. Don't let people into your section that you don't
- Do not display your phone number on your door.
- Propped doors are a burglar's best friend.
- Make sure section and outside doors are closed securelyunprop
- Don't walk alone at night, or call safe walk at extension 6100.
- Remember- Security people are here to ensure that you remain safe!