News and Announcements
- Facilitate student knowledge, and clinical skill development as the foundation for sound practice and leadership in the profession of Athletic Training.
- Graduate students with a Bachelor of Applied Science degree within four years.
- Provide athletic training students with a variety of clinical experiences. (Division I-III athletics, Physician Extender, Occupational Medicine, General Medicine, & High School)
- Have all athletic training students sit for the BOC examination.
- A first time pass rate on the BOC exam of 75%+
- An overall pass rate on the BOC exam of 100%
- Post-graduation placement rate for employment or graduate school of 80%+
- Support university values of teaching and learning as a first priority providing quality service to students, to the university, and to the community.
Student Learning Objectives
- At the completion of the Athletic Training Program, the students will:
- Demonstrate educational competency and clinical proficiency in the following content areas for the practice of Athletic Training:
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Prevention and Health Promotion
- Pathology of Injuries and Illnesses
- Clinical Examination and Diagnosis
- Acute Care of Injury and Illness
- Therapeutic Interventions
- Psychosocial Strategies and Referral
- Healthcare Administration
- Professional Development and Responsibilities
- Understand the profession of Athletic Training, the athletic trainer's role in the health care arena, and the professional and ethical responsibilities associated with the athletic trainer as a health care professional.
- Recognize the need for the support of clinical practice through ongoing education, research and service.
- Demonstrate respect for and treat the patient as an individual, without regard to race, color, sexual preference, socioeconomic status, political or religious affiliation, or athletic ability.
Facilitate student knowledge, and clinical skill development as the foundation for sound practice and leadership in the profession of Athletic Training.