Hiring at UMD
You are here
Academic Search & Hiring Resources
- UMD Faculty Qualifications Policy
- Academic Professional and Administrative (P&A)
- UMD P&A Appointment at 49% Time or Less Checklist- Coming Soon!
- Faculty Hiring
- UMD Visiting Faculty Process- Coming Soon!
- UMD Term Faculty Search Checklist- Coming Soon!
- UMD Term Faculty Appointments at 49% Time or Less Checklist- Coming Soon!
- No Search Hiring & Appointment Options
- Advertising Searches
- Links to Hiring Related Forms
- Graduate Assistant Employment
Civil Service and Labor-Represented Search & Hiring Resources
- Continuing, Temporary (Post/No-Post) Appointments
- Temporary Casual Appointment
- Contract References for Various Appointments
- Civil Service Rules, Rule 6 - Recruitment and Employment
- Unit 3 Contract, Article 25 - Job Posting
- Unit 6 Contract, Article 5 - Recruitment and Employment
- Unit 6 Contract, Article 6 - Temporary Appointments
- Unit 7 Contract, Article 5 - Recruitment and Employment
- Unit 7 Contract, Article 6 - Temporary Appointments
Various Recruitment Resources
Below is a list of criteria/sample questions to leverage in structuring interviews
- Develop Structured Interviews
- Verbal Communications
- Written Communications
- Work Experience
- Technical/Specialized Knowledge
- Manual/Physical Skills/Abilities
- Interviewing Procedures
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Completing The Hiring Process
- Pre-Placement Physical Examination for TEAMSTER Employees
- UMN Template Letters
- UMD Background Check Cover Sheet
- UMD Forms Library
- New Hire Required Documentation
Notifying Applicants Reminder: After making a hiring decision, it is the department's responsibility to notify all applicants--both those interviewed and those not interviewed--that a hiring decision has been made. Those individuals not interviewed should be notified by mail, e-mail or telephone. Those candidates who are interviewed should also be contacted by telephone, e-mail, or sent a follow-up letter.
- Nondiscrimination in the Hiring Process
- EOAA Policy & Directives
- Disability Resource Center Information
- A Guide to Writing Job Descriptions
Please partner with UMD HR&EO office with any additional questions.