Program Information and
The Integrated Biosciences Program only accepts applications for fall admission.
For complete application deadlines and instructions, please go to Application Process and Instructions.
The primary educational objective for the IBS graduate program is to prepare research scientists, technicians, primary, secondary and post-secondary educators, and future college faculty for careers in the biological sciences.
To succeed in this objective we will train graduate students broadly in this rapidly changing field, yet deeply in a more specialized aspect of the biological sciences. Training received in the Integrated Biosciences graduate program will give students experience with cutting edge technology so that they will be competitive in academic, industrial, and governmental settings.
An important part of the application process involves talking to faculty and students in the program — please feel free to contact them with questions and/or to arrange a potential campus visit.
Although not a program requirement, you are strongly encouraged to be in direct contact with any IBS faculty members with whom you wish to work.
For Additional Questions Relating To Admissions, Please Visit:
The Office of Admissions is responsible for processing all applications for admission and applications for readmission/change of status for the 132 graduate programs that are part of the Graduate School. The office provides information about and assistance with the application process to students, faculty, and staff. This office also issues the form I-20 for international students admitted to the Graduate School.
More About The IBS Program
- The IBS program typically admits 10-15 M.S. students and 3-5 Ph.D. students each year.
- For information relating to GRE or TOEFL score requirements, see Preferred Admissions Standards.
- All current IBS students are fully supported by either teaching or research assistantships (see Financial Support).
- If you are interested in the research of a particular faculty member, you are encouraged to contact them to find out about their work and their interest in new graduate students (see Faculty Roster).
- We welcome applications from international students.
- Requirements to Complete the Program
- Preferred Admissions Standards
- Application Instructions
- Financial Support
- IBS Student Handbook
- Fast Facts
- Self-Study Document (pdf 7866k)
- External Evaluation Report (pdf 320k)