The Instructional Development Service (IDS) works with faculty members, adjuncts, and GTAs across all disciplines and in a variety of ways to improve teaching and to enhance the culture of teaching and learning at UMD.
Our services include:
- individual and group teaching consultations
- workshops, ongoing discussion groups
- providing instructional resources
IDS WS #4: Writing and Publishing: Community Engaged Scholarship
Presented by Dr. Cathy Gordon, Th 4/18/13, 12-1:30 PM, KSC 268
Teaching and Learning in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)
STEM Workshop #4:Tuesday, 4/16/13 Succeeding with Online Science Courses, Presented by Colleen Belk, (Biology), KSC 268,
Learning it Forward: Taking Responsibility for the Future (LIF)
The next LIF session is 4/24/13 and is open to anyone who is interested in integrating sustainablility into their curriculum. If you are interested in particpating, contact LeAne Rutherford at 218-726-6207 or email@example.com
Check out The Teaching Professor from Magna Publications, a forum for discussion of the best strategies supported by the latest research on effective teaching in the college classroom.
You can access it on-campus at www.magnapubs.com/group. To automatically receive an email reminder for each new issue, go to www.magnapubs.com/account
For detailed, step-by-step instructions on accessing the The Teaching Professor from off-campus, please email Jason Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Curious about what's in the IDS Library? Check Here
We promise all of our clients that we will:
- Provide services to all faculty and TAs regardless of rank or appointment;
- Treat clients fairly, respecting their uniqueness and their ability to set objectives and make decisions;
- Protect all privileged information, obtaining informed consent from clients before using or referring publicly to client cases in such a way that the client could be identified;
- Assist faculty when we can provide useful assistance and suggest other resources to meet needs we cannot address.
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or requests, please drop in, e-mail, or call one of our staff.
LeAne Rutherford, Associate Professor, Instructional Consultant, Newsletter Editor
Shelley L. Smith, Associate Professor, Instructional Consultant, Web Editor
Jason Ellis, Principal Administrative Asst.
Fizz Forsey, Graduate Intern
**Dean: Paul N. Deputy, CEHSP, Principal Administrator of Record