We promise all of our clients that we will:
- Provide services to all faculty and TAs regardless of rank or appointment;
- Treat clients fairly, respecting their uniqueness and their ability to set objectives and make decisions;
- Protect all privileged information, obtaining informed consent from clients before using or referring publicly to client cases in such a way that the client could be identified;
- Assist faculty when we can provide useful assistance and suggest other resources to meet needs we cannot address.
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or requests, please drop in, e-mail, or call one of our staff.
The Instructional Development Service (IDS) works with faculty members, adjuncts, and GTAs across all disciplines and in a variety of ways to improve teaching and to enhance the culture of teaching and learning at UMD.
Our services include:
- individual and group teaching consultations
- workshops, ongoing discussion groups
- providing instructional resources
- IDS Newsletter, Spring 2014
- IDS is on a year-long haitus. We will continue to offer the Early Career Workshop on Teaching and Learning each semester
- Education Specialist Shelley Smith is also available for consultations and focus feedbacks on request (218-726-7715 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
|Dr. Shelley L. Smith, Associate Professor, Instructional Consultant, Web Editor
Jason Ellis, Principal Administrative Asst.