Faculty and Staff Travel Award
**Funds for the 2012-2013 academic year have now been awarded. Review of new applications will not take place until after November 1, 2013.**
The purpose of this award is for University of Minnesota Duluth faculty and staff to develop curriculum for study abroad programs.
Application and Deadline
- Complete the application form
- Application must include a letter of support from department head
- The priority deadline is at 4 p. m. on November 1
- Submit all required materials by email to the International Education Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additionally, applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for funding through the University of Minnesota’s Global Programs and Strategies Alliance
- Individuals must be faculty or staff
- Preferences will be given to those:
- Individuals who have never received funding through this program
- Showing a long-term impact through international activities
- Linking international activity to strategic goals of their college or unit
- Individual award amount is $800
- Funding should be used within one year of award
- Funds will be transferred to departmental account (EFS account string should be 1000-department’s DEPTID-program 20291-EID)
- Departmental staff should contact Cathy Caine (8616) to arrange for transfer of funds
- Funding can only be used for allowable expenses per University of Minnesota policy
- Funds must be used exclusively for the purposes outlined in the application.
- Submit a travel report within 60 days of activities. Report should include:
- Description of activity abroad
- Impact of your international activity
- Plans to disseminate what you have learned
- Upon return, a brief presentation to the International Education Office staff is highly encouraged.
International Travel, Health, and Security Insurance
The University's approved international travel, health, and security insurance through Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) is required for awardees. Insurance is provided after international travel registration is complete.