2012 Study Abroad Photo Contest
Rules & Entry Form
Entries due: 4pm, Monday, Sept. 10th, 2012
$75 Prize to top photo in each category!
UMD students who have participated in a 2011–2012 year, semester or short-term study abroad program (UMD Program, Non-UMD Program: Affiliate or Non-Affiliate) are eligible to enter photographs of their own work, taken digitally or with film.
"Study abroad" may include internships and/or credit bearing studies. This does not include vacation travel abroad, other than interim travel as part of a foreign study program.
1) Submitted photographs must be sent digitally, or dropped off at our office as outlined below. Film prints must be scanned and then submitted digitally, or on CD/DVD.
2) You may enter up to three original (3) digital photographs in any category you wish: Artistic, People & Places.
3) To qualify, you MUST fill out the Application & Photo Release form and submit as instructed below.
4) All entries become property of the UMD International Education Office, and our office reserves the rights to use any entered photographs.
5) Photographs & completed forms are due 4:00pm , Mon., Sept. 10, 2012.
6) No more than one (1) prize may be awarded per person.
• New this year "UMD's People’s choice" (Voted on at the Fall Study Abroad Fair on Sept. 20th, 2012)
Prize: $75 visa card to the top photograph in each category
Winners will be announced during International Education Week, November 12–16, 2012. The top entries for each category will be displayed during the month of November in the UMD library.
Enter the Contest
To qualify: fill out the form, prepare your photos and send BOTH as instructed
- Download the Application & Photo Release Form
- Fill out the form (electronically), or hard copy if you plan to drop it off. List the category you're entering for each photo on the application.
- Save and rename the filled out PDF form as "YourName_2012PhotoContest.pdf"
- Choose up to (3) of your favorite photos (we must have the original high-quality photo files; do not copy them from your web, facebook, or blog account.)
- Save photos in original high-resolution format as a ".jpg" file.
Submit your Application & Release Form AND photographs:
- Name your photo file(s):
- Ensure the city & country are the location of the photograph (if different than your study abroad program location)
- Electronically: Use www.wetransfer.com to send your electronically filled Application & Release PDF form & your original high-resolution photos. It's free and you don’t need an account. Upload your properly named photos and application/release form with your name in the title using the “+” button. Enter firstname.lastname@example.org in the top box and enter your email address in the box below. In the message include “2012 Photo Contest,” your name and program of participation.
- In person: Drop off the completed form & photos (burned onto a CD or DVD) to the UMD International Education Office (138 Kirby Plaza).
Entries due: 4pm, Mon., Sept. 10th, 2012