Network Data Storage
Managing your UMD Internet file storage
Internet disk storage is storage on UMD systems accessed using your University Internet ID and password. Internet storage includes:
- Email messages in your inbox or other Mail folders
- Files stored in your MyFiles (Samba Windir) directory
- Files stored in your MyWeb (Samba WWW) personal web directory (www.d.umn.edu/~username, or myweb)
- Miscellaneous files stored in your central system "home" or "login" directory. These include fles you download from the Internet using a browser, cache files, etc.
Registered students are allotted a 500 megabyte Internet disk storage quota on UMD systems; alumni have 30 megabytes.
If you are a student and exceed your disk quota, you will receive an automated email message explaining that you using more disk space than you are allocated. You will need to either:
- Remove some of your data to bring your total disk usage within your quota, or
- Purchase additional disk space. Students can purchase additional storage for $6 per 100 megabytes per semester through the Computer Corner.
If you do not do either of these in the time given, your Internet/email account will be closed, and you will not have access to email.
If you are over your disk quota, take these steps to delete files you no longer need:
- Delete EMAIL messages: Delete any old messages you no longer need,
especially messages that have large attachments (jpgs, etc.).
Be sure to "purge" the deleted messages.
Also, be sure to check for messages you may have saved to other
folders. You can do this with webmail or any email program such
as Thunderbird that uses the IMAP protocol (not POP).
- Delete Samba WINDIR/MYFILES files: Connect to your WINDIR directory
from a lab PC (or the MYFILES directory on a lab Mac) to delete any files
stored there. Or, use our UMD File Manager tool to list and delete items in your
- Delete WWW files: Delete the files using the program you used to create
them (such as Dreamweaver).
You can also connect to your personal web file storage area in the PC labs
using the "Connect to your WWW Files" icon and in the Mac labs
using the "Connect to MYWEB" icon. See our SAMBA
page for information on how to connect to these areas with your own
- Delete HOME/LOGIN directory files: Use the UMD File
Manager tool to list and delete these items.
The UMD File Manager tool provides a user-friendly web interface for managing your Mail and Samba (MyFiles/MyWeb) files.
- From any on-campus computer, open a web browser and login to the
UMD File Manager page (you will be prompted to authenticate with your email/Internet ID and password).
Note: If you are off-campus, you must connect using the VPN client.
- Select your "Home file folders" (including windir/MyFiles), your "Mail File Folders", or your "Web Files Folders" (MyWeb).
- Check all files you wish to delete, then click on the "Work with Checked Files" button at the bottom of the list.
- On the next page, select "Delete Files or Folders" to removed all previously checked items. Or, select "Zip or Unzip files" to compress the files to conserve disk space.
If you need assistance with your account or disk usage issues, call or stop by the:
ITSS TechCenter Help Desk
Kirby Plaza 165
x8847 (on campus) or 218.726.8847
Rev: 8.10 sab