If you are configuring your OSX Mail 3.0 account for the first time, follow the instructions below.
If you will use Charter Cable to access the internet you'll need to change the default SMTP (outgoing) port. You can skip this step if you do not use Charter Cable.
Choose Preferences from the Mail menu and click on the Accounts tab. Follow the next two screens to change the default port 25 to port 587.
- In Mail Preferences select the "Signature" tab.
- Click on the "plus" button to add a signature.
- Click on the new signature icon to make sure it's selected.
- Click on the right-hand pane and enter your signature.
- Close the Preferences window and save your changes
Adding a signature