Purpose and Expectations
Purpose of Technophytes Cohort
- Provide special assistance to faculty to expand their knowledge and use
of technology-enhanced learning.
- Help faculty develop new materials for courses.
- Prepare faculty to enhance the teaching and learning environment with the
use of technology tools.
- Assist "late bloomers" among the faculty who have a strong interest in technology-enhanced learning, as well as including those faculty who wish to extend their learning, change directions, or enter into a new aspect of technology-enhanced learning.
Expectations For Faculty Participants
- Develop and implement a plan for the adaptation of course materials.
- Meet regularly with your assigned techno-mentor to work on skills development
as well as course content.
- Deliver a product within one year of beginning the programs: a course
that is enhanced with technology and can serve students well.
- Share your results: provide a one-page written report of your accomplishments;
an IDS workshop on your product; provide the URL of any web site you produce
for inclusion in our Technophytes resource list.