versions of articles read infotech.News
Technology news for UMD faculty, staff and students
Library 410 to Become an Active Learning Classroom with
- The Pharmacy program, ITSS, and external consultants are
designing Library 410 to offer active learning classroom features
as well as video conferencing. Initial implementation will be
complete by the beginning of Spring semester.
Google Apps Accessibility
- Google has expressed a commitment to accessibility and
provided instructions for how to use accessibility features of
their products. However, Google Apps currently possess
One Way to Influence Information Technology at UMN
- The Office of Information Technology on the Twin Cities
campus is actively seeking input from the University of Minnesota
(UMN) community on matters of IT at UMN through "Communities of
UMD IT Staff Present at EDUCAUSE
- The topic was "Shared Leadership: From IT Silos to IT
Database Server Upgrade
- The main ITSS database server is scheduled to be upgraded on
Monday, January 7, 2013. The upgraded server will include the
current release of the Debian operating system and MySQL database
AD SCCM: Cisco AnyConnect VPN, Google Drive Added
- Cisco AnyConnect Client and Google Drive are now available
for Windows AD/SCCM computers as optional installers.
January 5-6: Twin Cities Data Service Interruption
- An annual maintenance and service interruption at the Twin
Cities data center is scheduled for January 5-6, 2013.
'Tis the Season for Phishing Scams
- Phishing scams and malware campaigns are prevalent during the
winter holidays and shopping season.
Policy Update: Appropriate Use of Information Technology
- The UMD Campus Policy on Appropriate Use of Information
Technology governs how we use technology on our campus.
- ITSS By
Years Ago in ITSS
infotechNews is published monthly
during the academic year by ITSS.
An email digest is sent to users subscribed
to infotech.announce, UMD.business.announce and
The goal is to distribute technology information useful to the
daily routines of the UMD campus community.
Comments or suggestions may be sent to