versions of articles read infotech.News
Technology news for UMD faculty, staff and students
Windows 8 Available
- Windows 8 is now available for purchase on new computers and
is available for upgrades on University-owned computers. Before
purchasing or upgrading, you should note a few items.
Whatever Happened to Tech Camp?
- Tech Camp 16 will be offered spring semester as primarily an
911 Emergency Dialing
- Updates have been made to ensure 911 calls are routed in the
shortest possible time. Learn what you should do if you
inadvertently dial 911.
Multi-Sensory Approach to Learning With Assistive
- Kurzweil 3000 is an assistive technology (AT) program
designed to provide a multi-sensory approach to learning via
visual and auditory feedback.
Database Server Upgrade
- Our main database server (db0.d.umn.edu) will be upgraded
January 7, 2013.
- ePortfolio has been a valuable tool. However, times and
circumstances have changed requiring the evaluation of new
Policy Update: UMD Technology Competency Plan
- The Subcommittee on Information Technology and Library of the
Educational Policy Committee completed a revision of the UMD
Technology Competency Plan (including Mission, Vision, Goals, and
Microsoft Home Use Program Now Available for Faculty and
- University of Minnesota faculty and staff are eligible to
participate in Microsoft's Home Use Program.
Mac OS X 10.8 Upgrade Available for UMN-Owned Apple
- The University of Minnesota has acquired Apple OS X 10.8
(Mountain Lion) upgrade licenses for all University-owned Apple
computers system wide, and the upgrade is now available for
- ITSS By
Years Ago in ITSS
infotechNews is published monthly
during the academic year by ITSS.
An email digest is sent to users subscribed
to infotech.announce, UMD.business.announce and
The goal is to distribute technology information useful to the
daily routines of the UMD campus community.
Comments or suggestions may be sent to