versions of articles read infotech.News
Technology news for UMD faculty, staff and students
Library 410 an Evolutionary Active Learning Classroom
- Library 410 seamlessly combines all aspects of a modern
active learning classroom with state-of-the-art video
ITSS Help Desk Provides Triage and Quick Fixes
- Although the Help Desk is able to answer many questions
directly, their primary role is to triage problems and assign
them to the ITSS staff member or team best qualified to solve
- New software allows processing evaluations three times
faster and with better reports. Learn how to make sure yours
are processed smoothly and accurately.
Multimedia Hub in High Demand
- The demand for the Hub's services continues to grow.
Cash-to-Card UCard Payment Program
- ITSS is working locally with the Business Office, Library,
Auxiliary Services, UMD Stores, and Chemistry to upgrade to a
new technology for campus cash.
Communities of Practice
- IT professionals at UMD have increasingly taken part in
opportunities to have a voice in system priorities and
implementation of information technology via communities of
Inclusive IT Procurement
- When buying hardware or software for university use, it is
good practice to ask vendors specific questions regarding
accessibility and utilize University of Minnesota sample vendor
contract language when appropriate.
Recycling Computer Equipment on Campus
- Did you know that all media (hard drives, CDs, DVDs) that
is being recycled MUST be securely wiped and documented before
disposal? And that media that may contain highly restricted
data must also be physically destroyed before recycling?
UMD-Guest Wireless Access Restricted to Web-Only
- Effective Wednesday, March 20, UMD-Guest wireless service
is restricted to web-only access of non-authenticated
- An opt-in deadline for alumni and retirees has been
reached; a new application (App) and blog are offered; and our
domain remains secure.
Policy Review: Digital Signage
- If you are considering a digital sign for your area, please
be aware of our campus Policy
on Digital Signage.
- ITSS By
Years Ago in ITSS
infotechNews is published monthly
during the academic year by ITSS.
An email digest is sent to users subscribed
to infotech.announce, UMD.business.announce and
The goal is to distribute technology information useful to the
daily routines of the UMD campus community.
Comments or suggestions may be sent to