Read infotech.News on the ITSS blog.
Technology news for UMD faculty, staff and students
- Learn what eduroam is, how it helps travelers and institutions, and most importantly how you can use it.
- Limited 24x7 Technical Support Now Available
- ITSS is partnering with the 1-Help Service Desk to offer limited 24x7 technical support for the UMD campus.
- Data Encryption Made Easy
- Data encryption - required by University policy for some devices - is now easier to implement thanks to SCCM technology.
- Bomgar Allows ITSS to Help You Wherever You Are
- Bomgar will enable ITSS to remotely access and fix nearly any computer or device you may have, running any platform, located anywhere in the world.
- January 4-5: Planned Data Center Outages
- ITSS and the Office of Information Technology Twin Cities have scheduled concurrent maintenance outages.
- Higher Ed Accessibility Lawsuits
- Disability rights organizations and students with disabilities have filed lawsuits against numerous universities and colleges in the recent past.
- ITSS Manager by Day, Jujutsu Sensei by Night
- Jason Davis is not only ITSS manager of Academic Support and Finance he is the jujutsu club’s sensei (teacher).
- Policy Review: Data Security
- It is the responsibility of all faculty and staff to do their best to secure any private data to which they may have access.
- ITSS By The Numbers: Classroom Team
- The ITSS Classroom Team ensures access to a wide variety of classroom equipment and services in support of instruction at UMD.
- Ten Years Ago in ITSS: Mac VPN Client
- In November 2003 ITSS made a VPN installer available for Macintosh operating systems.