For full versions of articles read infotech.News online.
Technology news for UMD faculty, staff and students
Emergency Notification System Enhancements
- New TXT-U features now allow us to send emergency messages to social media such
as Facebook and Twitter.
Faculty Fellows Offer Opportunities
- Interested in teaching online and/or using technology to enhance teaching? Eve
Browning and Abram Anders are working one-on-one and with groups of faculty.
TurnItIn? Have an iPad?
- From obtaining originality reports to using a grading rubric a new TurnItIn iPad
app enables a number of functions in Moodle.
- 10 Web
- If you are a Web content author, designer, or developer pick up some tips to make
your work more inclusive to all.
Beta Testing the New UMD-Secure Wireless
- Join the new Beta Bulldogs testers group and help test UMD-secure wireless.
- ePortfolio has been a valuable tool. However, times and circumstances have
changed requiring the evaluation of new options.
New Process to Track Changes
- ITSS has established a change management process to track, authorize, and
document changes in order to increase service quality and reduce risks.
New ITSS Staff Member: Gregory Mattsen
- ITSS has added a staff member to our system administration team.
Policy Update: Guidelines for Announcements
- Follow these guidelines to help improve the quality of large email lists such as
umd.business.announce and minimize the amount of unwanted email.
- ITSS By The Numbers
- Ten Years Ago in