For full versions of articles read infotech.News online.
Technology news for UMD faculty, staff and students
December 2, 2014
- Fall 2014 Student Evaluations
- Learn what's new this semester to ensure evaluation forms are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Preparing for Spring Semester
- Depending upon what you would like to do with your class (e.g., try Moodle), now may be the time to start preparing for spring.
- January 3: Scheduled ITSS Data Center Outage
- Find out what is planned for and what will be affected by the upcoming maintenance outage.
- Is Your Web Site Accessible?
- Reminder: the deadline for making legacy University of Minnesota Web pages WCAG AA compliant is approaching.
- Captioning Video
- Do you have video material on the Web or use it in your courses? Are these materials captioned?
- ESUP (Enterprise Systems Upgrade Program)
- In February, a systems upgrade known as ESUP will affect nearly everyone at the University of Minnesota.
- Drupal Update - December 2014
- The SFA pilot migration is well underway; Dreamweaver templates are in the final stages; and new training and online resources are available.
- Compromised Accounts Used in University Payroll Theft Scheme
- Learn why you should keep your University Internet ID secure.
- US-CERT Alerts Users to Holiday Phishing Scams and Malware Campaigns
- US-CERT (United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team) reminds users to remain vigilant when browsing online this holiday season.
- Social Engineering: You are Your Own Best Defense
- What is "social engineering" and how can it lead to a cyber attack into your computer, accounts or mobile devices?