For full versions of articles read infotech.News online.
Technology news for UMD faculty, staff and students
September 11, 2014
- What's the Latest Scoop on Drupal at UMD?
- Designs are being finalized. A process for requesting a Drupal site and coordinating with external consultants is in place. And training is available.
- eduroam Replaces UMD-Secure Wireless
- On Friday, August 15th, ITSS implemented our new eduroam secure wireless network and shut down the previous UMD-Secure network.
- Printer Migration to Private IP Space = More Security
- To reduce and/or eliminate security issues, ITSS is migrating all UMD printers to private IP space.
- IP Phone Upgrades
- ITSS continues to convert to Internet Protocol (IP) phones across campus.
- Heat Map Project
- Last fall the ITSS Network Team began a rather large undertaking of mapping wireless coverage for all of UMD campus and remote sites.
- Educational Technology Changes
- Moodle Quickmail and Google Course Groups replace email aliases. Scantron exams and course evaluations are now supported by different ITSS staff members.
- Read&Write Gold Learning Technology Suite
- UMD students, faculty and staff have access to Read&Write Gold software, which has the capability to help improve learning for everyone regardless of ability or learning style.
- Developments in Student Computing
- From new hardware and software to partnership labs, learn what's up in the ITSS computer labs.
- Multimedia Hub Update
- The Hub continues to be in high demand by the University of Minnesota Duluth community.
- Communities of Practice and Information Technology Priorities
- Enterprise Systems Upgrade Program, Information Security, and Video & Collaboration are the 2014-2015 priorities.
- Phishing and Password Security: Anatomy of an Email Slowdown
- Compromised email accounts were the culprit in last summer's email slowdown.