A number of online training videos on accessibility topics are available at no cost to University of Minnesota students, faculty, and staff.
Several Lynda.com training videos are aimed at helping beginner and intermediate level web designers and developers provide equal access and opportunity to people with hearing, mobility, vision, and cognitive disabilities.
The training videos vary in length from one and a half to 6 hours. They may be watched in one sitting or in sections if you prefer.
- Foundations of UX Accessibility (1 hour 20 minutes)
- Creating Accessible Microsoft Office Documents (1 hour 31 minutes)
- Creating Accessible PDFs (4 hour 5 minutes)
- Improving SEO Using Accessibility Techniques (2 hour 29 minutes)
- Web Accessibility Principles (6 hour 10 minutes)
- Accessibility for WordPress (1 hour 31 minutes)
How to Access the Videos
To access the videos, you will need to sign in with your university username and password. Specific instructions are as follows:
- Go to the course that you would like to access.
- Select: "Log in." A popup window will appear.
- Select: "Organization Login."
- Under "Enter your organization's URL to log in through their portal" enter: www.umn.edu
- Select: "Go"
- The regular University of Minnesota "Sign In" page should appear.
- Sign in with your University Internet ID and password.
Lynda.com online training is available at no cost to University of Minnesota students, faculty, and staff system wide on all University of Minnesota campuses.