Text Description: Short text alternative decision tree
This image is a diagram depicting the process for deciding how to write short text alternatives.
First decide image purpose. It is either "Decorative" or "Informative." Then:
If the image is decorative
- Leave the "Description" field blank.
If the image is informative and if it is
- a picture, use a name or short description.
- text, repeat text word-for-word.
- complex data, provide an overview.
- a symbol, identify essence or purpose.
- a functional image, emphasize action or link purpose.