For full versions of articles read infotech.News online.
Technology news for UMD faculty, staff and students
- ITSS Educational Technologists Seeking Input from Groups and Programs
- You are invited to share ideas and areas of interest related to the integration of technology from a group or program perspective.
- Classroom and Lab Changes
- MWAH 355 and Engr 204 are the latest rooms being updated with technology changes.
- Phone Numbers Changes for NRRI and CMRL
- The Natural Resources Research Institute and Coleraine Minerals Research Laboratories have new phone numbers.
- WebEx Joins Google Hangouts as a Web Conferencing Option
- Webex offers a number of features and improvements.
- Marketing Cloud Replaces Lyris
- Marketing Cloud is our new mass email system.
- Gearing up for Windows 10
- The ITSS End User Support Team plans to be ready to fully support Windows 10 campus wide starting January 2016.
- Casper to Improve Mac OSX and iOS
- Casper Suite is a suite of software applications written by JAMF Software that allows ITSS to provide an enhanced user experience to Mac OSX and iOS users across UMD.
- Need Audit Help?
- ITSS has experience in audits and can help other UMD units who are working through the process.
- Phish Tag Exceptions
- The tag [phish?] on an email subject line helps alert you of a possible scam. It is possible though tricky to preventing tagging.
- Learn Accessibility with Online Training Videos
- A number of online training videos on accessibility topics are available at no cost to University of Minnesota students, faculty, and staff.
- New Staff for Online Support
- During the 2015/2016 Academic Year, ITSS will be able to offer new and expanded resources to support online and hybrid (partially online and partially face-to-face) learning.
- New Staff: Daniel Cheruiyot, Developer
- We are pleased to announce that Daniel Cheruiyot recently joined our team as an application developer.