For full versions of articles read infotech.News online.
Technology news for UMD faculty, staff and students
- Student Support for Online and Hybrid Courses
- As part of the UMD Educational Technology Support Model, ITSS now offers drop-in sessions and online chat to help students troubleshoot issues.
- Audio Description for Inclusive Video
- Audio description is not a novelty, but as necessary to a person with visual disabilities as captioning is to a person who is Deaf or hard-of-hearing.
- Ed Tech Update
- What's happening in Ed Tech? Tech jams, clicker demos, a coffee hour, archived online resources, help with finalizing upcoming online courses, and custom services.
- Academic Technologies Formal Community of Practice
- Work continues and will culminate with a final report at the end of April.
- Google Groups Security Changes
- Recently, the Google Apps Team made a security enhancement to a number of Google Groups at the University.