Read infotech.News articles online.
Technology news for UMD faculty, staff and students
- Ed Tech Update
- Get the scoop on what's happening in Ed Tech from new scheduled sessions to tech updates.
- Fall Web Accessibility eClasses
- ITSS is pleased to offer 4 web accessibility eClasses this semester. The series begins September 19.
- Accessible U
- A new website provides information and strategies for creating to a more inclusive, accessible University community.
- What's New at the Multimedia Hub?
- A new production studio space and sound booth are available.
- ITSS' Full Access Labs Go VDI/ADI
- A change in lab technology is leading to a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) service.
- ITSS' Full Access Labs Open 24/7
- These labs are open around the clock.
- TechCenter Expands Checkout Services
- We have increased the number of Chromebooks and made some changes for improved service.
- Avaya Aura Migration
- The project to migrate users from our Nortel telephone and voicemail systems to our new Avaya Aura systems is proceeding on schedule.
- Next Generation Network Project
- The University of Minnesota is developing plans to upgrade the data networks on all campuses.
- ITSS Enhances Application Design and Development Capability
- New methods will provide the campus improved products and support.
- IT Service Continuity During a Power Outage
- We maintained services for the full 38 hours and learned some things that will help improve our "Op Con" Plan.
- Pokemon Go Opportunities and Issues
- Pokemon Go can help drive traffic to physical sites. But please know it has safety problems and it excludes many people with disabilities.
- ITSS Staff Update
- We have a number of ITSS staff changes for this fall.