ITSS will be retiring umdvpn.d.umn.edu on October first and we now have a new SSL VPN Service available.
Summary of Changes
- Latest AnyConnect Client with Windows 8 support
- New hardware to replace 7+ year old device
- Redundant network feeds provide higher availability
- Automated user sanctioning for incident response
- Added connection profiles, which allow custom access for groups of users
- @umn.edu no longer accepted
What Users Will See
- A banner message from umdvpn at login that instructs them to reconfigure their client.
- Users who choose to remain on the old VPN for the time being can simply select "Accept" on the banner message.
- On October first the pop-up banner will be changed to notify users that they will be disconnected after one minute.
- At that point you will no longer be able to use the old VPN.
For futher information please visit VPN Service: Virtual Private Network.