With Drive for Education users can put an end to worries about storage limits.
Michael Langhus of the Office of Information Technology, Twin Cities, announced that University of Minnesota Google accounts now have unlimited storage. Michael's email reads:
As of Thursday, Oct. 30, Google began to offer Google Drive for Education to University of Minnesota Google accounts. Drive for Education provides for unlimited storage and enhancements to Google Drive, Gmail, and Google+ photos.
Some of the benefits of unlimited storage include:
- No more worrying about how much space you have left.
- No need to monitor your email capacity.
- Frees up time previously spent trying to clean up, purge and filter things or delete things you might want to keep.
- Store as many Google Drive files, Gmail messages, and Google+ photos as you need.
- Drive for Education supports individual files up to 1TB in size.
- Upload documents that you want to share in Drive instead of attaching to email.
- Departments and researchers can store and share large amounts of data, and share with with colleagues at other institutions.
It is recommended that users review the Acceptable Use and Data Security policy information for private and sensitive data, export controlled data and intellectual property. The University of Minnesota and Google have negotiated contractual terms and conditions that protect the privacy and confidentiality of University student, faculty, staff, and alumni data in the U of M Google Apps suite of services.
Users also should be aware of copyright regulations and infringement ramifications when sharing files, as outlined in the Google Terms of Service.
- Google respects the rights of copyright holders, and requires that users have the legal right to upload and share the contents of their files on Google Docs.
- Google provides information to help copyright holders manage their intellectual property online.
- Google responds to notices of alleged copyright infringement and terminate accounts of repeat infringers according to the process set out in the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
For more information about Google Apps for the University of Minnesota, please visit the Google Apps Overview on the Email Services website.
Further Google Apps information is available on the ITSS Google Apps support site.