ITSS staff members Debbie Wing and Matt Johnsted have been recognized for outstanding service and special contributions. A group of staff were honored for their significant contributions toward the Enterprise System Upgrade Project (ESUP).
Technology news for UMD faculty, staff and students
Recently in Spotlight on Category
ITSS Award Winners
Spotlight on ITSS Staff: Greg Gustafson
Greg has been providing service to the campus for over 29 years, through special research projects, teaching, and working as a systems administrator and programmer with ITSS.
Spotlight on ITSS Staff: Roger Petry
For over 42 years Roger Petry has devotedly served UMD in a variety of capacities.
Spotlight on ITSS Staff: Linda Deneen
Periodically ITSS highlights staff members to let you get to know some of the great people who work to make technology work for our campus. Let's shine the light on Linda Deneen, Director of ITSS.
Spotlight on Trish Crace
It is with great pleasure that we announce the addition of a new staff member to our group. Trish Crace has joined ITSS as the new Faculty and TechCenter Support Specialist.
Trish brings a variety of technical and higher ed experience including four years at the University of Minnesota Morris campus doing both Help Desk support and test scoring until this past June. She has quickly applied the excellent skills she learned at the Morris campus to her work at UMD.
- Trish’s Background:
- Trish was born in Fergus Falls, Minnesota. Trish graduated from Alexandria Technical College with an AAS Degree in Computer and Voice Networking. Trish has worked at Benson Public Schools and Willmar Public Schools in a Technical Support role. She then started with University of Minnesota Morris as the User Support Supervisor. She was at the University of Minnesota Morris from 2007 until 2011. Trish and her family relocated to Duluth in July and she joined ITSS in February of 2012. She is excited to be back with the University.
- Trish’s Interests:
- Trish enjoys the outdoors. She and her family own a cabin in Canada on Lake of the Woods where they spend several weekends in the summer. Trish also loves baseball and is an avid Twins fan. But she is not so sure about this season with the loss of two of her favorites, Joe Nathan and Michael Cuddyer!
- Interesting Facts...
- Trish is married to Jim and they have 3 children. Lyla, 2 ½ and twin boys Brody and Carter 9 months old. They owned a Labrador Retriever kennel for the last 8 years where they trained and raised field bred Labradors. They have puppies in almost every state, Canada and even Iran. If you ever need to know anything about field bred labs from training to genetics Trish can tell you.
- What Trish Does for ITSS:
- Trish has been scoring tests for the last few weeks and has quickly learned our system for scoring and uploading "bubble-sheet" exams into various online grade-book and course management systems. She will be working in our Help Desk and TechCenter areas soon. With her great technical and customer service skills, she will continue to expand her role within ITSS. We are very pleased to heave Trish working with us!
Spotlight on Aaron Caveny
Each month ITSS highlights a different member of the staff to let you get to know some of the great people who are working "behind the scenes" to make technology work for our campus. This month the spotlight is on Aaron Caveny, Technology Support Professional. Aaron Caveny joined ITSS in October as a full-time staff member.
What Aaron does for ITSS
Aaron's primary focus is desktop support for Windows and Macintosh customers in the areas of email/Gmail, web browsers, Active Directory, mobile computing, networking, and general software. Aaron's office is located in Kirby Plaza 166D and he may be reached at email@example.com or 726-8864.
Aaron brings a variety of technical and leadership skills to ITSS. He worked for six years at Citon Computer Corp in Duluth in a number of service and support roles. He is a graduate of UMD with a degree in Business Administration and a minor in Information Systems.
Aaron enjoys the outdoors, specifically the BWCA. He has lead numerous trips to the BWCA in both summer and winter months. He also enjoys hunting, fishing and traveling.
Aaron is married to Wendy Caveny and together they have a 15 month old daughter named Evelynn. Aaron and Wendy have a 7 year old German Shorthaired Pointer named Bagley along with two cats. An all white cat named Boo and an all black cat named Spook.