|People | Departments | Search UMD|
What's Been Happening in the Visualization and Digital Imaging Lab?
This summer period allowed the VDIL to install some new equipment and useful technology. Here is a list of those changes:
New work stations installed:
- Reason PC computer (Curie), dual xeon processors, flat panel, running World Construction Set, Photoshop 7, Dreamweaver MX
- A Sony Vaio Pentablet (Matisse) lets you draw right on the monitor
- New video-editing station Mac G4 (Kubrick) super-drive video editing system/DVD burner
- New (replacement) Mac G4 (Hendrix), new DigiDrive and new patchbay for ProTools sound editing system, all in sound-buffered room
- New (replacement) video-editing station Mac G4 (Fellini) super-drive video editing system/DVD burner
- Individual dubbing stations: VHS to VHS, MiniDV to VHS and/or computer
- Gallery-style lighting for viewing/proofing posters and color correction in printing parlor
- New printer spindle for different weights/styles of printing material for Epson 9500
- Epson Stylus Pro 5500 color printer prints out different sizes from 8.5 X 11 to small posters
- New and upgraded software including Sigma Scan Pro (on Weegee), Photoshop 7, Dreamweaver MX, Flash MX, Illustrator 10, QuarkXpress, Pinnacle Systems
- Primatte, Final Cut Pro 3, After Effects 5, Streamline 4, Painter 7, Maya 4
- Reconfigured layout of the entire lab to make sound-buffered room for audio-editing/recording and new printing parlor area with gallery lighting
Did you find what you were looking for?
NO ©2003 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
Last modified on 09/09/02
Contact ITSS |