ITSS Operational Continuity Plan
Section IV: Response Priorities
Individual ITSS staff members work on multiple teams and
address multiple functions and priorities. It is expected that
they will balance these priorities with the help of management.
Not all functions will be restored to 100 percent capacity
before work can begin on another function.
If some or all of our facilities are damaged, the department
will establish an emergency operations center (EOC) in a
remaining facility. First choice for location of the EOC will
be the third floor of Kirby Plaza, where our main
administrative offices are currently located. Second choice
will be the UMD Library. Third choice will be our offices in
- Decision to declare a disaster within one hour.
- Notification of recovery teams within two hours.
- Response of recovery teams to EOC or marshalling point
within three hours.
- Set up of EOC within three hours.
- Set up minimal help desk and project tracking service
within four hours.
- Set up minimal web presence within eight hours.
- Set up of alternate work spaces for ITSS staff within
- Restore primary telecommunications vendor services (e.g.
- Restore primary campus telephone service, including
- Restore primary campus data network service, including
- Restore authentication service.
- Restore email service.
- Restore file services.
- Restore task management service (RT).
- Restore access to central UM system servers.
- Restore computer laboratory service.
- Restore other central UMD servers.
- Restore classroom services.
- Restore all other services.
Rev: 04/11 by ld