- Technology is a tool: it is not an end in itself. When used effectively,
technology can greatly enhance teaching, learning, research, and administrative
- Students, faculty, and staff should possess the necessary technological
knowledge and skills to use appropriate technology effectively and ethically
in the performance of their work responsibilities.
- Students, faculty, and staff should have access to the technological tools
needed to perform their work responsibilities.
- Students, faculty, and staff should be provided with the training and support
needed to develop the technology knowledge and skills required for effective
performance of their work responsibilities, and, in the case of students,
to prepare them for their work responsibilities after graduation.
- Faculty and staff who develop technological skills beyond the expected
primary competencies should have their efforts recognized and rewarded.
- This plan should be reviewed and revised regularly, no less than every