Web Design References
Web Design Glossary: M
a margin is a property that allows the author to specify
how much space will be inserted between other exterior
elements and the current element border.
- Markup is the textual description of data that provides
information about the data type. It is the codes and
characters that change a text document into a
or other Markup Language document. Text is marked up with
elements, delineated by tags that are keywords contained in
pairs of angle brackets.
- MathML (Mathematical Markup Language)
- A form of XML for making complex equations more accessible.
- Media Access Generator (MAGpie)
- MAGpie is a free tool available for download from the
National Center for Accessible Media. This software lets you
add captions to RealVideo, QuickTime, and Windows Media
files. For more information consult
- Microsoft Active Accessibility (MSAA)
- Microsoft Active Accessibility (MSAA) is an interface for enabling assistive devices such as
screen readers to work with software applications. It
provides a standard means for client software and assistive
technologies to communicate.
- Using a computer to present multiple types of media
simultaneously, in an integrated manner. These can include
sound, graphics, video, text, animation, or any other form of
- MySQL is a popular relational database system.
It is open source and integrates well with PHP. In addition
to supporting standard SQL (ANSI), it compiles on a number
of platforms and has multithreading abilities on Unix servers,
which make for great performance. MySQL is officially pronounced
"My Ess Que Ell'' not MY-SEQUEL. But try to avoid correcting
people who say MY-SEQUEL.