TechCenter Services and Fees
Computer Setup & Assessment (2011-2012)
Have a new computer? Or an old computer that needs some updating? Let ITSS review and configure it as needed.
- New Computer Setup [ Rates ]
- If you order your computer from the Computer Corner, they'll deliver it to the TechCenter where ITSS staff will get it set up.
- Apply all security updates and patches
- Configure for Active Directory services
- Install standard University software suite (Office, Firefox, etc.)
- Computer Assessment [ Rates ]
- Computer running slow? Bring your computer in and let ITSS staff assess the current capability of your computer hardware, update the basic software, and check for spyware or other malware that may be bogging your system down. We'll also make sure it's in compliance with the University Standard - Securing Private Data.
- Check to see whether the fan is operating properly and whether the interior of the computer is building up dust.
- Determine the level of the operating system; apply any operating system updates or security patches.
- Update application software as needed, including:
- Firefox and Internet Explorer
- Symantec AntiVirus
- Adobe application software
- Run a full anti-virus and anti-spyware scan.
- Any additional work that may need to be done and is approved by you will be billed at our standard rate.
Rev: 8.11 sab