The University of Minnesota has licensed HiSoftware Compliance Sheriff, an enterprise level accessibility assessment tool. This application provides semi-automated testing and reports for a variety of standards on a site wide basis. Scans can be run against WCAG 2 AA, the University standard.
In this workshop you will create an account and we will take a look at creating and running a WCAG AA scan, checking results, finding explanations of problems, and creating a view.
- Ability to create and run a scan.
- Ability to view scan results.
- Ability to checking explanations of accessibility problems that require manual review.
- Ability to create a view.
- Experience with "graphical browsers" such as Firefox, Chrome, or Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Completion of the Web Accessibility Overview workshop or the consent of the instructors.
- Familiarity with hand coding in Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), if you would like to do an optional homework assignment.