- Web site usability touches many aspects of the university - the educational
mission, marketing, etc.
- Usable sites increase productivity. When users retrieve information efficiently
it avoids wasted time.
- Usable sites reduce support costs. Unusable sites require costly telephone
or email support, or user training.
- When users experience satisfaction instead of frustration when interacting
with a site they gain confidence and trust in a valuable resource.
- When users are happy they continue to use the site and become advocates,
enhancing the reputation and user base of the site.
<< previous | next >>