ITSS maintains a number of web servers for general campus use. ITSS also
provides, on request, asssistance to departments with web-related
services such as web development, search engines and programming.
In addition to departmental pages, every UMD student, faculty and staff
member can create their own "home page". To assist campus users in creating and maintaining their own web presence, we have put together the following resources and services.
- WebDev: ITSS Web Developer's Guide
- ITSS's guide to creating a web site at UMD, including a checklist for web site developers, public CGI scripts, University policies, and more.
- Web Design Update / Listserv
- Extensive collection of references for all things relating to the web. Join the Web Design listserv to receive an email digest of updates to the web site.
- ITSS Online Web Training Documents
- Online versions of ITSS training sessions for Dreamweaver, Flash, Accessibility, CSS, and more.
- Web Accessibility Overview
- Special section geared to web accessibility issues and the tools available to help you get there.
- Managed Drupal service
- Beginning Fall 2014, ITSS will offer a managed Drupal service for the UMD campus as part of the University's Enterprise service.
- Managed WordPress service
- ITSS offers a common good virtual server service that provides the WordPress application to campus departments and business units.
- Web development assistance
- ITSS staff and students can provide technical assistance in developing your website.
- Web drop folders
- Web drop folders are a secure and convenient place for students to submit work in electronic form using a web browser
- Specialized search engines
- Add a customized seach engine to your web site.
- Shortcut URLs (/goto/warp/)
- Create a shorter, easier-to-remember URL for your site
Rev: 6.2.14 sab