Kirby Leadership Institute
UMD Leadership Certificate Program
Getting through this program won't just get you another piece of paper. It'll give you the edge that you need
in the search for a job and the search for yourself.
- Pass a minimum of one course in Leadership Ethics, Leadership Theory & Practice, and Communication.
- Successfully complete the KLI Leadership Senior Seminar.
- Attend 20 hours of Emerging Leaders Workshops.
- At least six must be related to diversity topics.
- Complete 250 hours of volunteer work or unpaid internship time in the community.
- Many on-campus volunteer positions can fulfill this requirement. Examples include peer advisors;
SIT Rockstars; admissions guides; and teaching assistants.
- For more information on volunteer and internship opportunities and placement, please contact Seth Currier,
the service learning coordinator for the Office of Civic Engagement.