Get It! Instructions
1. Type in your term in the QuickSearch catalog box on the Library home page. You can designate the type of search with the tabs; choose whether to search title keyword, author keyword, or subject keyword with the drop-down menu; and limit your query by collection with the right-hand drop-down menu.
2. Your results list will include items in the Library collection that contain the keywords you typed.
3. If you’d like to broaden your search to include all University of Minnesota campus libraries, change the Search Scope to “All Campuses Catalog” and perform your search again.
4. The catalog listing will indicate whether the title is available at the Duluth campus or other locations. Click on “Locations (Get It)” to see availability at all locations.
5. Click on the plus sign next to a library that owns this item, and the record will open so that you can sign in to request it.
6. Sign in with your UMD Internet ID and password.
7. Then open the record again by clicking “Locations (Get It)” and the plus sign next to the owning library on the title you wished to request.
8. Now the “Get It / Recall” link will show up under “Request Options.”
9. Select the campus library pickup location and adjust the “needed by” date for this request. Then click on the red “Get It / Recall” button.
10. You will get a confirmation message “Action Succeeded” if the item you requested is eligible for paging or recall.
11. When the item is available for pickup at the Library you selected, you will receive an email notification. Remember, you may request an item that is “Out of Library” if no copies of the title are available, and the item will be recalled from the current borrower.