Linking to E-Books
We are presently working on a simple method for linking directly to individual e-books. In the meantime, you can use these slightly technical directions instead.
1. Locate an E-Book in the library catalog that you would like to link to. You can use the special E-Book Search page to do this.
2. Click on the Full View link to the left of the desired item in your search results in the catalog. (Don't follow the link to access the E-Book.)
2. Looking at the Full View of Record, which describes the E-Book, the last line will be the System Number, which will be a nine digit number, such as 004651825. You will use this System Number to construct the link.
3. The link will begin this way:
4. To construct a link to the item, copy the above link segment and add the System Number to the end of it, like this:
That constructed link will go to the Full View of Record for the item. This Full View of Record will contain a link for accessing the resource itelf.
The reason it is necessary to construct a link in this manner instead of copying and pasting the long, messy URL that the location bar displays when you arrive at a record by searching the catalog is that the catalog creates session-dependent URL segments that will cause the link not to work at a later time.