Linking to a journal in electronic form
It is possible to link to our holdings of a particular journal in our databases. Doing it involves making special use of our "Find It" system.
1. First, go to our E-Journal Locator.
2. Click the "Citation Linker" tab above the gray box.
3. Put the name of the journal in the box for the journal title (unless you have the ISSN for the journal, which is preferable for this purpose).
4. Click "Search," and and a window will pop up labeled "Find It" and "Linking Service."
5. Two things may happen from this point. Either the system will find the specific journal in one or more databases, or it will be unsure of which journal you are referring to, and will present you with choices. If it wants you to select a journal from a set of journals with similar names, click on the one that is correct. Occasionally it may present you with alternate versions of the same journal. In that case, you can contact your department librarian for further assistance.
6. When the system is showing just the journal that you want, it will provide links to one or more databases through which it can be accessed. For our purposes, you can ignore those links, and instead click the link near the bottom of the Linking Service window labeled "Save the link for this citation." A new window will pop up providing a link that you can use to link to the journal via these databases.
Please don't hesitate to contact your department librarian for further assistance.